1. Are there any foods that you eat or don't eat for ethical reasons? Why?
Not that I can think of.
2. Are there any foods that you eat or don't eat for health reasons? Why?
Raw meat, mercury-laden fish, stuff that smells off. I don't like getting sick.
3. Are there any foods you don't eat because they disgust you (perhaps because of the taste, texture, or method of preparation)?
Sure. What immediately springs to mind is olives, I don't care for the texture or taste at all. Olive oil is ok.
4. Did you ever fight with your parent(s) about what to eat? Are there any foods that you hated as a child that you like now?
There was a fight at the table about my refusal to eat sweet potatoes. My dad insisted, I ate a bite and gagged, and my dad sorta lost it. I don't have any problem with sweet potatoes now! I hated lots of foods I like now; I remember hating raisins, pickles, and tomatoes.
5. What, in your opinion, is the biggest thing wrong with our current methods and systems of food production and distribution? What is the biggest thing right with them?
I am going to have to come back to this one.
1. What about you makes you unique?
Countless things make everyone unique. Maybe this question should be rephrased. Oh well, not too many people have my first name.
2. What aspect of your physical appearance do you think makes you stick out from the crowd?
I don't particularly care to stick out from the crowd, so I have not accentuated anything that might help me do so. I am tall, which helps me in crowds at times.
3. What do you always have with you while out in public? (for example, earrings, purse, wallet, watch, etc.)
4. Is there anything about your body that you think isn't normal?
I don't know enough about all the other bodies out there to evaluate. I feel pretty normal--oh no, except when I have to buy shoes. I forgot! Apparently, I have bigger feet than most girls and narrower feet than most boys.
5. What are you complimented on (looks, smarts, anything) the most? Why do you think that's the case?
Accomplishments, in general. I have the sort of job that helps other people do their job, so most of my compliments come from grateful coworkers.
Name the last person you...
My husband's coworker's wife. I don't really enjoy hugging people. It's more accurate to say that I really don't enjoy hugging people. But when this couple joined us at a theater one night, both of them hugged both of us and the wife chastised my husband for being a bad hugger and used me as the good-hugger exemplar. I felt I had to play along and two more hugs ensued as the evening progressed. I am all hugged out for a while!
2. Smiled at:
My 4yo, last night. It was time for her to go to bed but she wanted to help make the cow costumes. I told her we would wake up extra early and make them, then I did all the prep work as she slept. When she did wake up (not very extra early, either) she got to help pin the tail on her cow, which worked out fine. Today, of course, is Cow Appreciation day at Chick-fil-A.
4. Glared at:
The same 4yo, several days ago. There was a tantrum involved.
5. Lusted after: