1. What’s the most embarrassing thing/job you’ve had to do to earn money?
Telemarketing. The help-wanted ad claimed "NO SALES", but the job was to persuade people to resubscribe to magazines they'd quit for two or more years. Many, many times this happens when you have died two or more years ago, I learned. I worked for the two-week training period and then left. It was horrible.
2. What’s the easiest and quickest way you have earned a buck?
I'd quibble that the term "earned" might not apply, but I had a '77 Nova that attracted other cars like a magnet. Each time, the other guy was at fault and his insurance company would declare my car totaled and hand over the replacement value of my car, which was $600 according to everyone but Geico, who gave me $450. Bastards.
3. If you could set your own salary, according to your skills and worth, how much would you earn?
There's no one job that would use all my skills, but I think just for tech stuff I would say about $100,000/year.
4. Are you a good saver?
Not on purpose. I am a good payer, though.
5. What’s the most expensive and useless thing you have ever bought?
An encyclopedia set, new. Oh well.
Name your favorite...
(these are all of the moment, I don't have an all-time favorite comestible)
1. Candy: Orange truffle
2. Cookie: Oatmeal chocolate chip
3. Donut: Blueberry
4. Cold drink: Diet Cherry Coke
5. Hot beverage: Coffee
1. If someone described a person as "nice", what mental picture would that give you? Would their gender make a difference (i.e., is the mental picture of a "nice" woman different from that of a "nice" man)?
No mental picture for "nice", just the thought of a kind person.
2. Is it important to you that people be "nice"? Why or why not?
Not really, although it's more work to be around people who aren't nice. If people are rude or abrasive I just count that as part of their personality and leave it at that.
3. How "nice" are you?
I think of myself as very, very nice. Then I lapse into something bitchy and can't believe some of the cruel and thoughtless things I've done and said. So which one is the real me? I think it might be the un-nice one, but I am not the reflective sort so I never think about it for long. Done!
4. Who is the "nicest" person in your life?
I think my husband's dad is one of them, definitely in the top ten.
5. What is the "nicest" thing in your life?