1. A song from the last record you bought:
Tennessee Stud (Best of Doc Watson 1964-1968)
2. A blues song:
3. A song that gets you going in the morning:
Ca Plane Pour Moi (Plastic Bertrand)
4. A song that you think is romantic:
Marcia Funebre from Beethoven's Third Symphony. It's not frothy romance, it's pack-some-Kleenex romance.
5. One of the earliest records that you can remember listening to:
Harper Valley P.T.A. (Jeannie C. Riley, I think this was a "pop country hits" compilation album, but this is the only song I remember playing. Over and over and over.)
6. A song that you discovered from a film:
Sea Lion Woman from The General's Daughter. Terrible movie, fabulous song. I found it on a Smithsonian CD of Lomax recordings and the whole CD is excellent.
7. A song from your favourite band/artist:
Wall of Death covered by The Kennedys. I don't have a favorite band/artist, though.
8. A song from an artist/band that you otherwise don't like, but like this one:
Water Song/Janie's Got a Gun from Aerosmith. I also like the Dulcimer Stomp that follows it on the Pump album.
9. A lullaby:
Sisters of Mercy (Leonard Cohen)
10. A song that makes you laugh / you find funny:
Pico de Gallo (Trout Fishing in America)
11. A really good cover version:
My Funny Valentine by Elvis Costello
12. A song that reminds you of school days:
99 Red Balloons
13. A song from an artist that you are embarrassed to admit you like:
The Tennessee Waltz with Tom Jones on Long Black Veil (Chieftains). I'm not embarrassed to like anyone, but this song is WAY over the top and I don't care.
14. Whatever it is, it's got to be funky:
Hole in the Bucket (Spearhead)
15. A song for those quiet rainy days:
Ain't No California (Dan Crary and Beppe Gambetta)
16. A song that no matter when you hear it makes you feel good:
No Sugar Tonight - New Mother Nature (The Guess Who)
17. A song with the word "Look" in the title:
You Gotta Walk and Don't Look Back (Peter Tosh)
18. From a member of the "Dead Rockers Society":
Stiv Bators, Too Much To Dream
19. Your favourite Elvis song:
It's right about here that I figured out that this might be a formula for creating a mix. Do I have any Elvis? Plenty of Elvis C., but I don't think I have a single Elvis P. on CD or vinyl. I can do Dead Kennedys Viva Las Vegas.
20. Wild Card -- Hey, just put any song you like on!:
Cooksferry Queen, Richard Thompson
21. Song that makes you extremely sad:
I Want You, Elvis Costello
22. A song that makes you think of an old flame:
I Don't Like Mondays (The Boomtown Rats). I don't have an old flame, but I used to be so in looooove with Bob Geldof...
23. A song that makes you think of a vacation or trip:
Workin' on a Building. I really want the one I heard the Kruger Brothers do, it should be on the 2004 Fiddler's Grove CD. Please let it be on there. Best. Vacation. Ever.
24. A song you like to listen to while driving:
Anything I can howl along to. Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt and John Prine)
25. A song you wish you could share with friends:
I Like Onions. This is a novelty song that Harden and Weaver used to play on WMAL in the mornings when I was a kid.